- There have been more than 1.6 million coronavirus cases in the United States, according to the Johns Hopkins University tally.
- The U.S. death toll has surpassed 97,000 people, according to Hopkins.
- President Donald Trump booked back-to-back Memorial Day appearances despite the coronavirus pandemic, at Arlington National Cemetery and at a historic fort in Baltimore.
- Nearly two weeks ago, the White House urged governors to ensure that every nursing home resident and staff member be tested for the coronavirus within 14 days, but it’s not going to happen.
- The president on Sunday issued a proclamation suspending entry to the U.S. for any individual who has been in Brazil within the 14 days immediately prior to their arrival